Saturday, August 28, 2010

Ketchup

The ol' blog is not so much a priority these days, ya know...

In an attempt to catch up to a certain degree, I'll do a quick synopsis of the last month.

Chicago: Wow. Completely amazingly spectacularly fabulously fun. Mrs Diggs and I are kindred quirky spirits and both have partners who understand that our need to spend time with each other is just that -- a need. While Mark fits the bill for 98% of my social (and anti-social) tendencies, Mrs Diggs is the only person who understands the other 2% of me. I think Jack (Mrs Diggs' 98% fella) and Mark would have been astonished and embarassed by our ridiculosity. And I'm pretty sure they'll support future sanity getaways for she and I. And if they don't...well...tough.

Running: I'm back on track. My complete and total freak-out over marathon training getting derailed was all for naught. As per Running Jamie's suggestion, I switched from a rather intense schedule to the one she used for her first few marathons. And except for breaking the rules once on the last weekend of my may-not-run-longer-than-six-miles stretch, I've been obedient and am now just where I should be. I wonder if the snap-crackle-pop of my ankles is part of the plan...

School: Hey! I'm a senior! It should prove to be a challenging semester, but a fruitful one for the most part. I don't have a carpool partner, so the drives have been far less entertaining. But the classes are pretty cool and I'm really excited about my medical and advanced nutrition classes. I'm beginning to better understand the necessity of the internship in addition to a degree. I just don't think that without a big chunk of hands-on experience that a fresh grad would have it in him/her to be a good dietitian. I'm going to be a great dietitian.

Alright. Let's see if I can check in here a little more frequently again. If not, let me remind you once again: I'm a senior.

2 comments:

a-dub said...

Glad you're back!

Casey said...

AGREED!! I'm glad you're back, too! I've missed you terribly. We need to "ketchup" in person sometime very soon...